Automation Engineer- Robotics
Summary of job contents *
*Automation System Concepts, Assist in Design, Implementation of Complete Systems, Sales Team Support
Full-time – reports to the Director of Engineering
- Strong knowledge of robotic assembly systems, specifically with extensive experience utilizing complex grippers and flexible fixture systems
- Prepare or lead the preparation of specifications, proposals for contracts, licensing and safety documents, and obtain required approvals.
- Assist in Design, analyze and evaluate systems, products or components, requiring a high degree of technical expertise.
- Must be able to effectively work in cross functional teams on multiple projects simultaneously meeting strict deadlines while maintaining cost budgets.
- Represent the group in meetings and conferences; interact with customers to resolve significant technical issues and develop related action plans
- Responsible for the Installation of system offsite at customers facility
- Write and teach Robot programs for new designed robotic cells
- Knowledge of Vision software tools.
- Debug and test programs on shop floor.
- Debug and test of new programs at customer facility.
- Assist with developing customer manual for newly designed equipment
- Responsible for safety risk assessment of newly designed systems
- Follow and fill out quality flowcharts and checklists procedures as necessary
- Evaluate equipment and define finished production machinery
- Make necessary modifications and ensure completeness and accuracy of programs
- Assist with conceptual design/operation of new equipment and components
- Conduct necessary research and testing
- Help refine and develop programming standards
- Assist sales with layouts, quotes, and sales calls
- Assist with designs and troubleshooting
- Assist with customer service calls.
- Update programs, prints, spreadsheets, etc.
- Familiar with business financial, budget and P&L
- Understanding of the capital equipment buying process